I get to speak to many fascinating people because of my work as a Personal Transformation Therapist (thank you Sebnem Sen), I attract those who have woken up or are in the process of waking up and understand that life does not just happen to them. These people have an internal locus of control and they understand that they can influence what goes on in their life.
Allowing someone else to be responsible for our actions makes life a lot easier though, whenever something goes wrong, we can blame somebody for it, it was fate or meant to be, so it just happened. The drawback of this belief is that we give our power to an external force and have no control over our life.
I believe that we can all make a difference and each of us individually can change the world by taking up responsibility and be the light for someone else who needs it. We can change how we react to circumstances and by doing so the circumstances will change. Coincidentally my beautiful fellow Mastercoach Sandy posted the following:
If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. If broken by an inside force, life begins. Great things always begin from inside…. Change happens inside and does not depend on any outside circumstances.
Here are some useful tips how we can all make a difference:
- Stop being a victim and become active, take charge and manage what life throws at you, use your obstacles as stepping stones, grow and accept the challenge.
- Take action, make a plan, set a goal, make a change, do something! Get rid of your limiting beliefs and start believing in yourself, you are capable of doing anything you set your mind to. Have you ever seen or heard of a miracle? They happen, why would they only happen to others?
- Stop being a sheep and do what all the others do, become your own hero, dare to be different, what other people think of you is their problem, not yours.
- Complain less and appreciate more, we all do the best we can with the resources we have available, we don’t need to take everything personal and not everybody is out there to get us. Have a little faith…
- Stop being judgmental! It is not an easy thing to do, we spend a lot of time judging others by gossiping and even just by looking at someone. We judge others because we need to feel better about ourselves. Being judgmental is not a behavior that serves us, in the long run it can actually make us ill.
- Be kind to others, you never know what someone is going through and being kind costs absolutely nothing, it makes you feel good, your body releases happiness hormones.
- Practice Gratitude, it is the most resourceful state you can be in. you cannot be grateful and unhappy at the same time. So being grateful means you are happy, and if you are happy, then you feel positive, energetic, enthusiastic, relaxed, and optimistic.
START NOW – CHANGE THE WORLD